Athletes often seek chiropractic care when they're injured, but chiropractors also provide preventative services. When your body feels stiff or sore, your range of movement is often limited. As a result, it becomes more difficult to run, jump, kick, or hit as well as you usually do. Many athletes push through the physical discomfort anyway because they don't want to let down their teammates or disappoint coaches. Unfortunately, being a team player when your body isn't in peak condition increases your risk of injury. Stay safe on the field with regular chiropractic care from Northeast Spine and Sports Medicine, whether you're shooting hoops or diving into a pool.
1. Address Spinal Misalignment With Chiropractic CareYour spine is a triple threat. It offers structural support for your body, safeguards your nerves and internal organs, and promotes flexibility. Well, at least when it functions properly. A misaligned spine provides minimal protection for your body. In fact, it may even increase your risk of developing a serious injury on the field. You can contact in Highland area lawyers for personal injury for any of your peronal injury cases. That's why our chiropractic team takes misalignment so seriously. We understand that athletic injuries can occur at any time, even if you feel fine today. Here are the sites where you can get a lawyer in case of an accident because help after an accident is essential To further complicate things, spinal misalignment isn't always obvious. You may experience minor discomfort or even feel nothing at all when your spine is slightly out of whack. That's bad news for your body. Over time, your condition may worsen, especially if you completely ignore the misalignment. You might develop symptoms that could have been prevented with regular chiropractic care, including:
- Reduced range of motion
- Lack of energy
2. Enhance Your Range of Motion With Adjustments and ExercisesIt's difficult to bend, stretch, or flex when your spine is busy doing its own thing. Get your body back on track with chiropractic services from Northeast Spine and Sports Medicine. We perform a thorough evaluation before suggesting treatment options, so your body always gets the custom care it needs. In case it is caused by an accident then you should click over here now to get the right legal aid. Many athletes find that spinal manipulation, also known as spinal adjustment, improves their range of motion. Promoting a healthy range of motion reduces injuries because it's easier for your body to perform as expected. You can glide across the field, catch a ball that's spiraling through the air, or whack a puck across the ice. For maximum benefits, combine spinal manipulation with other chiropractic services. We teach many of our patients simple yet effective exercises that enhance flexibility. Depending on your needs, these exercises may include:
- Neck, back, hip, or leg stretches
- Strengthening techniques
- Neck or arm rolls
- Posture correction techniques
3. Boost Your Energy With Chiropractic TreatmentChiropractors focus on your overall well-being, not just trouble spots. Because of this, they treat your entire body during appointments. Let your practitioner know if you're experiencing any symptoms that impact your athletic performance, even if you aren't sure they stem from your spine. Exhaustion is a common complaint among our athletic patients. After all, strenuous training and frequent games or practices can take a toll on anyone's body. However, poor dietary habits and lifestyle choices also play a role, as do untreated symptoms of anxiety or depression. Talk to us if you feel tired, and we'll do what we can to help. Some patients find that chiropractic treatment boosts their energy levels. This occurs when spinal manipulation jump-starts your central nervous system.
What Is Your Central Nervous System?Think of your central nervous system as a phone that delivers messages between your brain and your body. Unfortunately, your body can't do anything until it gets a text or call with instructions. When messages are transmitted without difficulty, your central nervous system helps you walk, talk, and breathe. A damaged central nervous system can zap your energy levels and make it difficult for you to perform everyday functions. Spinal cord damage can trigger issues with your central nervous system. That's one reason why it's vital that you seek chiropractic treatment for spinal misalignment, also known as subluxation. Spinal subluxation in the neck or back can damage your spinal cord, making it harder for your brain to communicate with your body.
Pain Can Cause ExhaustionSometimes fatigue stems from untreated ailments. When your body is injured, it works extra hard to repair the damaged areas. You may need more sleep than usual or have different nutritional needs. We can review your dietary habits and help you find opportunities for improvement. Many of our patients find that supplements such as Vitamins C and B help restore energy levels as their body heals. Chiropractic care helps relieve pain, which may reduce your fatigue. As your aches disappear, you should have more energy for the things you enjoy. We understand that you may receive treatment from multiple medical providers for pain or exhaustion. We'll work with your primary care physician to ensure continuity of care, whether you visit our office once a month or several times a week.
4. Enjoy Medication-Free Pain ReliefOur athletic patients have different reasons for wanting medication-free pain relief. Some are concerned about the addictive properties of some pain management medications. Other patients have a rigorous training schedule and don't want to deal with remembering medication dosages, whether they're prescribed or part of an over-the-counter treatment plan. Prescription drug side effects are another concern of our patients. Pain meds are notorious for making people sleepy, and they can also cause dizziness or nausea. It's difficult to perform your best when you're stumbling around from exhaustion or feel as if you might get sick at any moment. After seeking chiropractic care, many of our patients are able to reduce their prescription med usage or even avoid it completely. Spinal manipulation triggers endorphins, your body's natural pain relievers. These feel-good hormones tell your brain that you feel happy and healthy, so you're less likely to need meds.
5. Heal Quickly From Existing InjuriesOld injuries can really cramp your style — literally. You may experience stiffness, tension, or cramps in your muscles as the result of an untreated injury. Your injury may also impact your range of motion or make it hard for you to move quickly. As unfair as it may seem, having one injury makes you more likely to develop additional injuries. Your body isn't operating at peak performance when you're injured, which means you may experience numerous issues during athletic adventures. Injured athletes might:
- Overextend their arms during throws
- Experience delayed reaction time, making them more likely to get tackled by other players or hit with a ball
- Crash or fall while running
- Knock vertebrae out of place while kicking, throwing, or running