How a Chiropractor Can Help With Car Accident Pain & Treatment
Car accidents are one of the most common ways to hurt yourself in America. With an average of 16,438 of these events occurring each day in the USA and more than 3 million road users being injured or disabled each year, it’s easy to see just how dangerous the roads can be. Recovering from a traffic accident can be a challenge, and when left untreated, many people experience a life-long impact from these events, so people decide to get a car accident lawyer first to solve the legal issues of this situation.
One of the primary reasons for hiring a personal injury lawyer after you have met with an accident is to the see the explanation they would provide on how to avoid these incidents in future and the legal procedures associated with it.
A chiropractor can offer an alternative to the long courses of painkillers and other treatments you’ll receive from traditional medicine, providing many people with a far more effective way to approach their injuries. But what exactly does this entail and how can the professionals at NorthEast Spine and Sports help you with car accident pain and treatment?
What Is A Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a type of doctor that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders. They won’t use chemical treatments, instead using physical adjustment and manipulation of the spine to combat the health problems you have, offering a good alternative for those who don’t want to load themselves up with pills and other treatments each day. The main focus of chiropractic work is usually to reduce pain, but this sort of treatment has the chance to provide more than this. In some cases, a chiropractor will even be able to improve the structural integrity of your spine.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
You can find some of the key benefits that come with chiropractic treatment below:
- Chemical-Free: Pain treatments are very common in the modern world, with a lot of people being forced to use strong chemicals to keep their car accident pain under control. Chiropractic care offers a different approach, using physics rather than chemistry to improve your body.
- Addressing the Cause: Many of the world’s strongest pain treatments are great at getting rid of discomfort, but this will only ever be on a temporary basis. A skilled chiropractor will work to fix the cause of your pain, rather than simply trying to mask it.
- Fast Results: Each chiropractic session you attend will have the potential to leave you feeling better. This will happen in small increments at first but will rapidly evolve as your spine is worked more and more.
- Low-Risk & Safe: Chiropractic care is safe and comes with very little risk. While your spine is sensitive, Chiropractors understand them better than anyone else and will be able to work on them without causing further injuries. When compared to the side-effects of many pain treatments, chiropractic care stands out as one of the least invasive options on the market.
What Happens in A Car Accident?
Car accidents are incredibly common, and it’s likely that you or a loved one will experience one at some point in your life. Even the smallest of road traffic accidents can cause major injuries, and there are a range of different conditions that commonly form when people find themselves in this position. That is why urgent care is very important. Many of these health problems can be solved with the help of a chiropractor, and getting some legal help as you can check here, making it nice and easy to get back on your feet after an accident.
Despite their hardiness, there are strict limits on what a human body is able to withstand. The forces at play in a car accident are often extremely powerful, jolting your body and forcing it to move far faster than it usually would. This can easily cause problems like whiplash, where the tendons and muscles in your neck get damaged by these forces which is why is better to look for an auto injury chiropractor to get the best treatment. Chiropractic whiplash treatment options could help you to recover far more quickly than you would on your own.
Back pain is also very common in car accidents, and this can prove to be far longer lasting than whiplash. In fact, it’s estimated that more than 80% of US citizens will experience back pain at some point in their lives. The severity of your back injury will affect the amount that an accident like this impacts your life but experiencing chronic back pain from a car accident is unfortunately very common.
Your reflexes are strong, and it makes sense that you will naturally protect yourself with your arms when you’re in danger. In a moment before an accident, many people will put their hands out to protect themselves, and this makes arm injuries and subsequent pain very common. Your shoulders and elbows are crucial to the movement of your arms and having them in pain could make it very hard to live a normal life.
What Can A Chiropractor Do to Help?
Modern chiropractic care has come a long way over the last few decades, and it’s a lot easier to get the right sort of treatment for your problems than ever before. While chiropractic treatments often look violent and uncomfortable, most people won’t experience any pain during their procedure. But what exactly will a session with a chiropractor involve? The science behind this field is complex, but the actions that are taken to make your body better are actually quite simple.
Spinal manipulation is the most fundamental element of chiropractic care. This will involve using hands to apply pressure to different parts of the back, forcing your spine into the right positions. This can give you almost instant relief from certain types of back and neck pain, while also improving things like posture and strength.
Living with painful joints can be horrible, and countless people experience this in their daily lives, especially after a car accident. In many cases, though, simply realigning the joints in question can be enough to release you from some of this car accident pain. Much like spinal manipulation, this sort of work will usually be done barehanded.
Like your spine and joints, muscles can easily be a major source of pain, especially after an event like a car accident. Stretching and moving your muscles can help to combat this, and this is a technique that a car accident chiropractor will often use in conjunction with their other methods. This can provide a huge amount of relief when you’re living with muscles that are causing you discomfort.
Chiropractic care sessions tend to last less than an hour or two, but a huge amount of work can be done in this short window. The experts at NorthEast Spine and Sports will work hard to ensure that you feel comfortable and relaxed before they start their real work, giving you the chance to ask questions and ensure that you know exactly what they have planned for your body.
Once the session starts, you will be able to stop it at any time, and the expert providing your care will be happy to give you breaks when you need them. This sort of treatment is rarely painful, but you should always let your chiropractor know if they’re hurting you, as a small adjustment will often be enough to solve this problem.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Car Accident Pain Recovery
Once you’ve been to a hospital and have looked into your legal options, it will be time to start focusing on your recovery. This can be a long and difficult road, with many people finding themselves confused and daunted along the way. Fortunately, though, much of the work that goes into this can be done by your chiropractor, leaving you to enjoy your life as it improves, one session at a time. Of course, though, there is more to recovery than simply healing, and you can find some of the other crucial areas to consider below:
- The Food You Eat: Nutrition and recovery go hand in hand, and it’s essential that you’re eating the right kind of foods if you want to recover rapidly. This is something the team at NorthEast Spine and Sports Medicine is ready to assist you with.
- Exercise & Movement: While not a lot of people associate exercise with recovery, many doctors around the world have been adopting methods that involve pushing their patients to be as active as possible as they recover. Of course, you’ll need to avoid putting a strain on parts of your body that are injured, but the team at NorthEast Spine and Sports can help you develop a workout regiment that will help you rebuild strength without impacting recovery.
- Chiropractic Care: Truly recovering from an injury will always take expert action. While you can help your body to heal and get back into working order, there will almost always be more that can be done to improve your condition. Expert chiropractors will often be your best bet when it comes to finding a professional that can offer meaningful help.
At NorthEast Spine and Sports, our team has a wealth of experience when it comes to helping people with their back, neck, and joint problems. Our dedicated team is always happy to help out, and we encourage anyone who is living with car accident pain to get in touch. A more comfortable life could be a single appointment away.