Get Back on Your Feet After an Accident
New Jersey is the most densely populated state in America so can you imagine how many car accidents there are? There are so many drivers and so many highways, let alone the classic “New Jersey drivers”. According to statistics, approximately 70% of the population will be involved in a motor vehicle accident during their lifetime. Accidents can cause a variety of injuries to almost anywhere on your body. Physical therapy and chiropractic treatments can actually help achieve long-term recovery for pain, function, and range of motion. At Northeast Spine and Sports Medicine, we understand how important it is to get back on your feet.
No one wants to live with pain. You want to wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and not worried about your back or neck killing you. Car accidents are traumatic to all involved. They are especially traumatic to your back, neck, and even your knees. Common injuries from car accidents include whiplash, neck, back, disc, leg, and knee injuries. In most cases after a car accident, there is no visible injury and initial pain is not severe, therefore people often do not seek professional help. There are a few things that you should be aware of after an accident.
- The speed of the accident and the damage to the vehicle is not a good indicator of injury. Many times people will dismiss injury if there is only minor damage done to a vehicle. Injury can still occur.
- Look for symptoms such as headaches, abnormal sensations, inability to move your neck comfortably, and dizziness as these can be associated with whiplash.
- Don’t wait to get treatment after an accident.
- Physical therapy is a great option. The objective is to make daily tasks and activities easier by reducing or eliminating pain, restoring movement and flexibility, and building strength.
- Chiropractic treatments are a great step toward restoring your body. Treatments relieve pain, make necessary adjustments to spine alignment.
We never like to hear that anyone has been in a car accident but if you or someone you know has been involved in an accident, contact us. Our goal is to get you back on your feet, feeling healthy, and revived. We have convenient office locations in Point Pleasant, Jackson and now Barnegat.